1/12/08

11 Lessons from Business Masters


Warren Buffet


It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently



Walt Disney


All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you



Oprah Winfrey


Before you agree to do anything that might add even the smallest amount of stress to your life, ask yourself: What is my truest intention? Give yourself time to let a yes resound within you. When it's right, I guarantee that your entire body will feel it


Jack Welch

If you pick the right people and give them the opportunity to spread their wings and put compensation as a carrier behind it you almost don't have to manage them


Richard Branson


Business opportunities are like buses, there's always another one coming


Bill Gates


If you give people tools, [and they use] their natural ability and their curiosity, they will develop things in ways that will surprise you very much beyond what you might have expected


John D. Rockefeller


Good management consists in showing average people how to do the work of superior people


Steve Jobs


You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new


Michael Dell


It's customers that made Dell great in the first place, and if we're smart enough and quick enough to listen to customer needs, we'll succeed


Donald Trump


I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big


Ayn Rand


The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me

No comments: